Sigh…another weekend comes to an end. But what a great 3 day weekend we had- thank you President’s Day:) We were all over the city with Char the last few days, soaking up every ounce of this glorious spring-like weather. We concluded the weekend with a nice home cooked meal, after a little adventure to Koreatown this a.m. to pick up some items Nick was craving. From there came above’s inspiration; kimchi fried rice. We paired it with some lightly panko-crusted grouper. This dish was DELICIOUS. We cooked the fish similar to how we cook our healthier panko chicken parm, so I didn’t go into detail below, but you can find that recipe here.
Kimchi Fried Rice: serves 3
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger (grated) or 1 tbsp dried ginger
- 1.5 cups kimchi, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp each salt + pepper
- Cook the white rice with the ginger;
- In a medium skillet, saute the garlic with the sesame oil over low heat, until just soft, approx. 3 mins;
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix everything together thoroughly, increase the heat to medium. Stir infrequently, allowing the rice to slightly burn.
- Add the scallions for the last minute of cooking. Garnish with a little more scallion and serve.