So I know I already posted about my newest banana oatmeal loaf obsession, but these little oatmeal cookies are not only quicker and simpler to make, but require a few less ingredients. In fact, you really only need 3 ingredients, which I guarantee are already sitting in your kitchen. The rest, in terms of spices and fillings, you can just improvise. These are perfect for Char and I when we’re on the go to and from classes, especially around 3pm when I feel myself crashing. And again, they contain 0 added sugar or any other unhealthy items, which is always a win in my book.
Char and I had a great week, as I came back from a girls trip Monday feeling VERY refreshed (although tired from the time change, obviously). But it felt great to be a normal adult for a few days, and not just a mom, as I feel on some days. She had a killer weekend with her dad though, who filled her social calendar more than ever, resulting in the entire household going to bed by 730pm Monday night 🙂
Oatmeal Banana Raisin Breakfast bites: makes about 12 cookies
- 3 very ripe bananas (you could probably get away with 2, just use less oats)
- 1 1/2 cups of oats
- 1 egg
- 2 table spoons each of nutmeg, cinnamon, and almond butter (or peanut butter)
- optional: any other berries, nuts, or raisins you might want to add: I added a scoop of raisins and scoop of flax seeds (great for fiber/digestion). Next time, I plan to do mixed berries.
- Pre heat oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl mash bananas until they are pretty smooth (I use a potato masher, which works so quick). A few lumps are fine in the batter.
- Add egg, spices, and oats to the mixing bowl and continue to blend together.
- Add what ever additional items you may want, such as raisins, flax seeds, etc. Continue to stir all together.
- Grease muffin tin and scoop batter into pan.
- Bake for 15 mins and enjoy!!!
I see these being my 9pm guilty pleasure in the very near future 🙂