I know it’s hard to see, but quinoa is the primary ingredient making up this bowl. This recipe came together after Nick and I realized our scale had been lying to us for the last year (we just bought a new one to confirm the truth). Therefore, we spent last week eating very clean and healthy! I tend to stay away from recipes involving shrimp, and I’m starting to wonder why? It’s seriously the fastest item to cook, and requires zero prep work. This quinoa bowl is full of flavor between the fresh diced tomatoes, feta cheese, chick peas, and lemon vinaigrette. The sauteed garlic and spinach adds a great touch to balance out the stronger flavors. Lets not forget that this entire dish can be put together in 10 minutes (or however long it takes your quinoa to cook lets say).
Ingredients: serves 2
- 3/4 lb of shrimp (I buy already peeled and de-veined to make it super easy on me)
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach
- 2 finely sliced garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup of chopped feta cheese
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 table spoon of dijon mustard
- 1 table spoon of salt& pepper
- 1 table spoon of garlic powder
- 2 table spoon of dill
- 1 box of quinoa (or 2 cups give or take)
- Mix together sliced garlic, salt & pepper, and 2 table spoons of olive oil in a bowl. Toss shrimp in the sauce and let marinate while you prep the rest of the meal.
- Cook quinoa on the stove top for about 15 minutes, leave simmering until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl mix together spinach, chickpeas, diced tomatoes, dill, and feta cheese. Add Quinoa to the mix, once cooked.
- In another bowl stir together lemon juice (1/2 lemon or more if taste desired), dijon mustard, garlic powder, 1/4 cup of olive oil, and 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- Saute shrimp on stove top for 1 minute or until they turn pink on both sides.
- Pour vinaigrette dressing and shrimp over the entire dish at the very end and toss lightly. Be careful not to over dress the bowl (so pour moderately).
And voila!!! You are finished!
As for this week in Char’s world…..she hit 5 months on Tuesday! She has definitely been in great spirits lately, which makes us so happy! She is constantly laughing and giggling, as well talking to herself a lot in her crib. Sometimes I find myself just watching her through the monitor, just entertaining herself with her feet. Her ‘rolling’ is also getting much smoother, and she is finally starting to not shriek at the sight of tummy time!! We start solids in a month, and I’m starting to get a tad nervous. Although I think she is ready, judging by the stare down we get when eating in front of her lately.
Here are a few pics from the park today! Could it be….is Spring actually upon us??!!