Sometimes you just need a good hearty rice bowl packed with flavor. The great part of a stir fry is you can add what ever you want to it, making it always different! Snap peas, green beans, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, you name it, it all tastes great with rice and some sort of sauce!
It really felt like a long week, so this is one of those dishes that requires very little thinking behind it. I feel like whenever we travel, it takes me a good week to catch back up on life & sleep. Needless to say, I am certainly looking forward to a calm weekend ahead….and maybe a good take out pizza! TGIF everyone!!
Basil Chicken & Mixed Veggie Stir Fry
Ingredients: servings 2
- 2 skinless/boneless chicken breasts (or 1 lb of chicken tenders)
- 3/4 lb of green beans
- 3 large carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 2 table spoons of sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 table spoon of red chili papers
- 1 tea spoon of salt & pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 package of basil leaves
- Chop raw chicken breasts into bite size pieces, then in a bowl, marinate in soy sauce for at least 30 minutes
- Rinse and chop green beans into bit size pieces
- Rinse and peel carrots into long shreds (you might want to cut these in half for easier eating)
- Chop garlic and jalapenos peppers
- Once chicken has marinated, pour the marinade and chicken into a heated frying pan w/ olive oil. Cook on high for about 10 minutes, or until cooked.
- Add carrots, green beans, garlic, & jalapenos to the frying pan and continue to stir the mix.
- Sprinkle on more olive oil to keep the dish from drying up. You can even add a little sesame oil on top too.
- Right before you are ready to serve sprinkle basil leaves through out the pan. They only need to cook for about 1 minutes.